The Lebuhraya Putrajaya – KLIA (MEX II) is an 18 KM, three-lane dual carriageway that will commence at Putrajaya Interchange and merge onto the existing Lebuhraya KLIA (FT26) in Sepang.
Putrajaya Interchange with a trumpet configuration will be designed for connectivity to the existing Putrajaya Toll Plaza.
The Expressway comprises the following:
- Mainline connecting Lebuhraya Maju Expressway (E20) to Lebuhraya KLIA (FT26)
- Putrajaya Interchange to Putrajaya/Cyberjaya
- Entry and exit ramps from Lebuhraya KLIA (FT26) to and from the Expressway
- One mainline toll plaza, two ramp toll plazas and Supervision Building.
Summary of Project:
|Traffic Control & Surveillance Systems|
|Emergency Telephone||Every 2km (both sides)|
|Close Circuit TV (CCTV)||Where Necessary|
|Variable Message System (VMS)||Min 2 units|
|Vehicular Box Culvert||No.||2|
|Mainline Toll Plaza||No.||1|
Benefits of MEX II:
- Providing shortest route to the national administration region of Putrajaya and the city centre of Kuala Lumpur.
- Contributing the growth of housing and business development in the surrounding areas.
- Direct connection to KLIA and KLIA2
- MEX 2 as an alternative to users from Putrajaya to KLIA and vice versa. Users can choose other alternatives such as Federal Route FT 29 (toll free), ELITE and PLUS.